Get Your Best Sale with Our Local Expertise
The decision to sell your home is a major one, and moving house is often cited as one of life’s most traumatic events
At Innes & Mackay, we operate an Inverness-based estate agency service that takes the stress of selling property in Scotland away from our clients.
We’ll help you market your property effectively and you’ll soon find it IS possible to sell your home without the stress other sellers often encounter.
- Ross & Cromarty
- the Black Isle
- surrounding areas of the Highlands.
If you’re interested in selling your property, and want to deal with a locally based estate agency that specialises in the housing market of the Highlands, contact the team at Innes & Mackay.
We’ll ensure your property gets maximum exposure to buyers.
Call us on 01463 251200 to discuss your property plans.
How Innes & Mackay estate agency will help sell your home
If you’re selling your home, you’ll need to consider what value your current property will attract from potential buyers.
Valuing the property
Valuing a property can be a tricky process. Most likely, you hope to secure a greater price than what you paid. In most cases, three things will determine the value of a property:
- The location of your property
- The size of your property
- Current market trends.
These three things will determine the ‘asking price’ of your property.
An experienced estate agency with knowledge of your local area of Scotland is vital.
At Innes & Mackay, we’ll provide a constructive critique of your property, carry out the valuation, and determine the most realistic asking price.
Advertising the property
No matter how realistic the valuation, it is of little use to you if it’s not communicated to the wider property market via appropriate advertising.
But simply advertising a property on an estate agency window will not be enough to attract potential buyers.
Advertising must be focused and well-managed by experienced professionals. This ensures a property is matched with the right buyers and reduces the length of time the property is on the market.
At Innes & Mackay, we’ll provide a tailor-made programme of advertising that includes multiple property portals and social media.
Negotiating the sale
The job of handling questions from buyers can be a tricky business. Buyers will expect fair value for the money they plan to spend. Sellers will expect fair value for the money they have invested in the property.
At Innes & Mackay, we communicate the intentions of both parties clearly and effectively. We’ll also provide guidance on what will and will not be acceptable in facilitating the sale of the property. In short, we’ll ensure the balance between keeping both sellers and buyers satisfied is maintained throughout the sale.
Why Innes & Mackay Estate Agency?
At Innes & Mackay, we take great pride in offering something more than most other estate agencies in Scotland – a dedicated team of property solicitors.
Our professional team of estate agents and property solicitors have been involved in the Inverness housing market for many years. We can offer a personal, professional and friendly service that’s tailored to your specific needs in the following ways:
- Your property will be the responsibility of our professional team of estate agents and property solicitors. This guarantees continuity of care for the entire period your property is on the market and up to the point that you hand over the keys to its new owners.
- We’ll provide you with detailed guidance on the local housing market. In valuing your property, our team will give an analysis of the value of properties similar to yours, and identify the buyer profile your property will attract.
- Your expectations in terms of sale price will be discussed in detail with our team. We’ll keep in regular contact with you about the interest expressed in your property and what this means. We’ll always aim to secure the best price possible for you.
- Unlike many estate agents, the Estate Agency team at Innes & Mackay are supported by an expert team of property solicitors. When an offer has been accepted, we’ll handle all legal aspects of your property’s sale and ensure it’s processed as quickly as possible.
If you’re considering selling your property in Scotland or have been struggling to sell it with other agents, give us a call on 01463 251200.